The First Unitarian Universalist
Society of Middleboro
is Seeking a
Director of Religious Exploration
Are you a dynamic, creative professional looking for an opportunity to help grow what is already a tremendous religious exploration program for children from pre-school to high school aged youth? If so, we hope you will contact us about an exciting opportunity.
UU Middleboro is a vibrant, welcoming congregation that has been serving the greater Middleboro community for over 125 years. We are a theologically diverse spiritual community and an eclectic group with many interests and passions. We encourage and support personal growth, freedom of thought, creative expression, and active social justice.
Our Director of Religious Exploration (DRE), working in conjunction with the Minister and the Religious Exploration Committee, has the overall responsibility for developing and delivering a comprehensive, quality RE program for the children and youth in the Congregation. The DRE, in collaboration with the Minister, contributes to the spiritual development of the Congregation by helping shape mission and vision, providing ministry, and creating and providing worship. The DRE develops specific curricula and programs in support of the Congregation’s mission and vision. The DRE helps enhance community building, supports and ministers to families, and advances efforts to promote social responsibility. The DRE is responsible for tending to their own professional development and the development of those involved in RE programming.
In doing so, the DRE:
- Guides and nurtures a vibrant community for children ranging in age from infants through high school, as well as their families.
- Supports all in their search for meaning, spiritual development, and engagement with social justice opportunities.
- Encourages children and youth to explore their own questions.
- Provides children and youth with information about Unitarian Universalism and other religions, and fosters respect for the beliefs of others.
- Encourages children and youth to enjoy, appreciate, and care for the natural world.
- Creates a safe, respectful, and caring learning environment.
- Addresses and respects the diverse needs of our community.
The position is a 5/8 time (average 25 hours per week) full year salaried exempt position. We provide a salary and benefits package commensurate with education, training, and experience. We strive for parity with the UUA Fair Compensation Guidelines.